If you own a vehicle, it is important to have auto insurance where you and your passengers are fully covered. In the event of a mishap, insurance coverage saves you from having to pay for your own injuries and property, as well as lawsuits filed. Peiffer Insurance, located in Pennsylvania, offers solid auto insurance coverage, and below is an explanation of what to expect in your policy.
The Specifics of the Policy
In any auto insurance policy, there are three parts:
- The insured: The person who pays for the services of an insurance company,
- The beneficiary: The person who enjoys the services offered by the insurer, and
- The insurer: The company that will offer the services in the event of a claim
This is how the car insurance policy is specifically designed to protect property (car), depending on the type of coverage you purchase.
In Event of an Accident
It should be noted that the vehicle is the insured, and the benefits granted by the insurer in the event of an accident do not depend on the person who drives the insured vehicle, except in cases such as the following:
- That the driver is drunk or under the influence of drugs.
- That the driver drives the vehicle without authorization from the insured.
- Do not bring a license or permit to drive.
- Not having the required documents, such as an insurance card.
- Not having made the policy's payment promptly or not having paid for the renewal within the thirty days corresponding to the previous policy's expiration.
Remember that in case of an accident, it is recommended:
- Keep calm.
- Not enter into any agreement with the parties involved.
- Do not discuss or accept responsibilities.
- Do not order the repair of the vehicles without the express authorization of the adjuster or the insurer.
- Identify the vehicles with their license plate numbers and, if possible, the name and address of the drivers.
- Seek the help and guidance of an attorney, if you suffer personal injury
- Seek medical assistance
- Report the accident to the insurance company.
What to Have on Hand
The data to have on hand when an accident occurs are:
- Policy number.
- Name of the insured and name of the driver.
- Make, model, plates, and engine serial number of the insured vehicle.
- If possible, the accident's exact place indicating street, neighborhood, and any reference that allows its exact location.
In most cases, the coverage you acquire covers the entire state you live in. However, there are cases in which it also protects you abroad, for which you must confirm with the insurance agency as to the scope of the policy you have acquired or are about to acquire. Contact Peiffer Insurance in Pennsylvania to begin the process of acquiring the best auto insurance policy that you can afford, and that is right for you.